- The Functional Surfaces and Interfaces for Nano diagnostics Workshop and Best Paper Award
- Functional Surfaces and Interfaces for Nano diagnostics Workshop and Best Paper Competition
- EFSUN Best Paper Competition
- The Winter Nanotechnology School for High School Students was held between 28 January and 1 February 2019
- 2017-2018 Activity Report is available.
- EFSUN and SUNUM will organize an Applied Winter School for High School students between 28 January and 1 February 2019 [poster1] [poster2]
- Emre Erdem and Canan Atilgan are new members of EFSUN in 2019.
- 2018 Catalog is available.
- EFSUN members had the general meeting and traditional Iftar dinner on the 17.05.2018 with the participations of Prof. Dr. Sirin Tekinay and Prof. Dr. Fazilet Vardar.
- Nurcan Dogan, Meltem Sezen and Feray Bakan are new members of EFSUN in 2018.
- EFSUN team had a Brain Storming Event on the 17th February 2018
- The ‘Functional Surfaces and lnterfaces Workshop’ of EFSUN was held at Sabanci University SUNUM building on the 25th
- The journal article of title "Biomedical device prototype based on small scale hydrodynamic cavitation" of SUTAB team was recently published in AIP Advances, one of the AIP (American Institute of Physics) journals and has been in the most read research articles list within a short time.
- SUTAB team receives the METU (Middle East Technical University) Prof. Mustafa N. Parlar Foundation 2017 Technology Incentive Award.
- Tunahan Çakır receives the METU (Middle East Technical University) Prof. Mustafa N. Parlar Foundation 2017 Technology Incentive Award.
- 2016-2017 Activity Report is available.
- The first catalog is available
- First Worshop was successfully held on the 25th November 2016 http://efsun.sabanciuniv.edu/content/first-worshop-was-successfully-held-25th-november-2016
- Our collaborative article was published in Nature Scientific Reports: http://www.nature.com/articles/srep38809
- Our collaborative article has been in the 25 most downloaded research articles list in Flow Measurement and Instrumentation: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/flow-measurement-and-instrumentation/most-downloaded-articles
- Ali Kosar joins the Editorial Board of Applied Thermal Engineering as Associate Editor: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/applied-thermal-engineering/editorial-board
- Ali Kosar receives the Sedat Simavi Award in Natural Sciences: http://www.milliyet.com.tr/tgc-sedat-simavi-odulleri-ni-gundem-2354822/ , http://www.tgc.org.tr/aciklamalar/1170-tgc-2016-sedat-simavi-odulleri-sahiplerini-buldu.html
- Burc Misirlioglu was invited to serve in the Editorial Board in Scientific Reports.
- Devrim Gozuacik was invited to serve as an Associate Editor of the Autophagy Journal: http://myweb.sabanciuniv.edu/dgozuacik/files/2013/08/DG-Editor.jpg
- The journal article of title " Review on Lithotripsy and Cavitation in Urinary Stone Therapy " of Sabancı University Ph.D. Mechatronics Engineering graduate student Morteza Ghorbani, which was co-authored by the EFSUN researchers Dr. Ozlem Oral, Faculty Dr. Devrim Gözüaçık, and Dr. Ali Koşar, has been in the 50 most downloaded research articles list in this journal:
- The journal article of title " Numerical and experimental investigation on the effects of diameter and length on high mass flux subcooled flow boiling in horizontal microtubes " of Sabancı University Ph.D. Mechatronics Engineering graduate student Abdolali Khalili Sadaghiani, which was co-authored Dr. Ali Koşar , was recently published in International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, has been in the 25 most downloaded research articles list in this journal during the last 3 months:
- Our SUTAB Project received received received the 2015 Elginkan Foundation Technology Award. (http://gazetesu.sabanciuniv.edu/en/2016-01/sutab-received-elginkan-foundation-technology-award