The members of EFSUN have publications in top journals in their field (such as International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, Applied Physics Letters, Optics Express, Annals of Biomedical Engineering, EMBO Journal, Autophagy, Langmuir, PNAS, Scientific Reports).
The members received almost all the available national and international awards related to their field (such as IKU Prof. Onder Oztunalı Science Award, Sedat Simavi Science Award, Turkish Academy of Sciences Outstanding Young Scientist Award (TUBA-GEBIP Award), European Molecular Biology Organization, EMBO, Strategical Development and Installation Award (EMBO-SDIG Award), TUBITAK Incentive Award, ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) ICNMM Early Career Award, Kadir Has Outstanding Young Investigator Award, Eser Tumen Outstanding Success Award of Feyzi Akkaya Scientific Events Support Fund (FABED), METU (Middle East Technical University) Prof. Mustafa N. Parlar Foundation Research Incentive Award), Young Scientist of the Year Award of Science Heroes Association.
The total research funding obtained by the members of EFSUN from various sources is more than 5,000,000 USD.
- Karakas HE*, Kim JY*, Park J, Oh JM, Choi Y, Gozuacik D*, Cho YK*. A microfluidic chip for screening individual cancer cells via eavesdropping on autophagy inducing crosstalk in the stroma niche. Scientific Reports (Nature Publishers), 2017. (Impact factor: 5.2. Times cited: ) In press.
- Gozuacik D*, Akkoc Y, Ozturk DG, Kocak M. Autophagy, MicroRNAs and Cancer. In the special issue: Self-eating on demand: Autophagy in Cancer and Cancer Therapy (Eds. Agostinis P and Lane J). Frontiers in Oncology, 7:65. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2017.00065.
- Ozbey, A., Karimzadehkhouei, M., Akgonul, S., Gozuacik, D., and Koşar , A., " Inertial Focusing of Microparticles in Curvilinear Microchannels, " Nature Scientific Reports, 6, 38809, 2016.
- Erbil S, Oral O, Mitou G, Cenk Kig, Durmaz-Timucin E, Guven-Maiorov E, Gulacti F, Gokce G, Dengjel J, Sezerman OU, Gozuacik D. RACK1 is an Interaction Partner of ATG5 and a Novel Regulator of Autophagy. The Journal of Biological Chemistry, 2016 Accepted/in press.
- Nedaei M,Armağan E,Sezen M, Özaydın İnce G, Koşar A (2016) "Enhancement of flow boiling heat transfer in pHEMA/pPFDA coated microtubes with longitudinal variations in wettability", AIP Advances, Vol.6, No.3.
- Demir F, Hocaoglu I,Ozturk DG, Gozuacik D, Kiraz A, Yagci Acar H. Highly Luminescent and Cytocompatible Cationic Ag2S NIR-emitting Quantum Dots for Optical Imaging and Gene Transfection. Nanoscale, 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C5NR00189G.
- Oral O, Çıkım TA, Zuvin M, Ünal O, Yağcı-Acar H, Gözüaçık D, Koşar A (2015) "Effect of varying magnetic fields on targeted gene delivery of nucleic acid-based molecules", Annals of Biomedical Engineering, Vol.43, No.11, 2816-2826.
- Özbey A, Karimzadehkhouei M, Yalçın SE, Gözüaçık D, Koşar A(2015) "Modeling of ferrofluid magnetic actuation with dynamic magnetic fields in small channels", Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, Vol.18, No.3, 447-460
- Mısırlıoğlu B, Yıldız M, Şendur Kürşat (2015) "Domain control of carrier density at a semiconductor-ferroelectric interface", Scientific Reports, Vol.5
- Çıkım, Taha Abdullah and Armağan, Efe and Özaydın İnce, Gözde and Koşar, Ali (2014) "Flow boiling enhancement in microtubes with crosslinked pHEMA coatings and the effect of coating thickness", Journal of Heat Transfer, Vol.136, No.8
- Gozuacik D, Yagci-Acar HF, Akkoc Y, Kosar A, Dogan-Ekici AI, Ekici S. Anticancer use of nanoparticles as nucleic acid carriers. Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, 2014, September; 10(9): 1751-1783.
- Şeşen M, Tekşen Y, Şahin B, Şendur K, Mengüç, M. P., Koşar A (2013) "Boiling heat transfer enhancement of magnetically actuated nanofluids", Applied Physics Letters, Vol.102, No.16.
- Perk OY, Sesen M, Gozuacik D, Kosar A. Kidney stone erosion by micro scale hydrodynamic cavitation and consequent kidney stone treatment. Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 2012, Sep; 40(9): 1895-902.
- Özaydın İnce G, Armağan E, Erdoğan H, Büyükserin F, Uzun L, Demirel G(2013) "One-dimensional surface-imprinted polymeric nanotubes for specific biorecognition by initiated chemical vapor deposition (iCVD)", ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Vol.5, No.14, 6447-6452
- Itah Z, Oral O, Perk OY, Sesen M, Demir E, Erbil S, Dogan-Ekici AI, Ekici S, Kosar A, Gozuacik D. Hydrodynamic cavitation kills prostate cells and ablates benign prostatic hyperplasia tissue. Experimental Biology and Medicine, 2013 November; 238(11): 1242-1250.
- Kurtoğlu, Evrim and Bilgin, Alp and Şeşen, Muhsincan and Mısırlıoğlu, Burç and Yıldız, Mehmet and Acar, Funda Yağcı and Koşar, Ali (2012) "Ferrofluid actuation with varying magnetic fields for micropumping applications", Microfluidics and Nanofluidics (Sl), Vol.13, No.4, 683-694
- Koşar A, Şeşen M, Oral O,İtah Z, and Gözüaçık D (2011) "Bubbly cavitating flow generation and investigation of its erosional nature for biomedical applications", IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, Vol.58, No.5, 1337-1346
- Tok RU, Ow-Yang C, Şendur K (2011) "Unidirectional broadband radiation of honeycomb plasmonic antenna array with broken symmetry", Optics