EFSUN researchers carry out world class research and report their findings in top journals in their field and are at the forefront of their competition. Several of them have received almost all the available national and international awards related to their field of research (such as IKU Prof. Onder Oztunalı Science Award, Sedat Simavi Science Award, Turkish Academy of Sciences Outstanding Young Scientist Award (TUBA-GEBIP Award), European Molecular Biology Organization, EMBO, Strategical Development and Installation Award (EMBO-SDIG Award), TUBITAK Incentive Award, ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) ICNMM Early Career Award, Kadir Has Outstanding Young Investigator Award, Eser Tumen Outstanding Success Award of Feyzi Akkaya Scientific Events Support Fund (FABED), METU (Middle East Technical University) Prof. Mustafa N. Parlar Foundation Research Incentive Award), Young Scientist of the Year Award of Science Heroes Association.
EFSUN generates its own financial resources for research via both fundamental scientific research and industrial collaborations. The total funding active currently amounts to around 2M USD.
A number of selected works in the years 2022-2023 are listed below:
- Ates, A., Benam, B.P., Mohammadilooey, M. Celik. S.,Serydyukov, V., Surtaev, A., Sadaghiani, A.K., and Koşar, A., “Pool boiling heat transfer on superhydrophobic, superhydrophilic, and superbiphilic surfaces at atmospheric and sub-atmospheric pressures,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 201, 123582, 2023.
- Parlak, M., Özsunar, A., and Koşar, A., “High Aspect Ratio Microchannel Heat Sink Optimization under Thermally Developing Flow Conditions Based on Minimum Power Consumption,” Applied Thermal Engineering, 7(44), 117700,2022.
- Gharib, G., Butun, I., Muganli, Z., Kozalak, G., Namli, I., Sarraf, S.S., Ahmadi, V.E.,Toyran, E.,Wijnen, A.J., and Koşar, A., “Biomedical Applications of Microfluidic Devices: A Review,” Biosensors, Accepted, 2022.
- Sheibani,A.A., Talabazar, F.R., Jafarpour, M., Koşar, A., Cebeci, F.C., and Ghorbani, M., “New Nanofiber Composition for Multiscale Bubble Capture and Separation,” ACS Omega, 445, 39959–39969, 2022.
- Yilmaz, A., Karavelioglu, Z., Aydemir G., Demircali, A.A., Varol, R., Koşar, A., and Uvet, H., “Microfluidic wound scratching platform based on an untethered microrobot with magnetic actuation,” Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 373, 132643,2022.
- Namli, I., Sarraf, S., Aghdam, A.S., Torabfam, G.C., Kutlu, O. Cetinel, S., Ghorbani, M., and Koşar, A., “Hydrodynamic Cavitation on a Chip: A Tool to Detect Circulating Tumor Cells ,” ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 14(26), 40688-40697, 2022.
- Ates, A., Benam, B.P., Yagci, V., Malyemez, M.C., Parlak, M., Sadaghiani, A.K., and Koşar, A., “On the effect of elliptical pin Fins, distribution pin Fins, and tip clearance on the performance of heat sinks in flow boiling” Applied Thermal Engineering, 212, 118648, 2022.
- Butun, I., Gharib, G., Yurum, A., Gursel, S.A., and Koşar, A., “Polymer based electricity generation inspired by eel electrocytes ,” International Journal of Energy Research, in press, https://doi.org/10.1002/er.8568, 2022.
- Duman, A., Niazi, S., Gharib, G., Sadaghiani, A.K.., and Koşar, A., “Self-assembled archaea bio-coatings in thermal-fluids systems: A study on adhesion optimization and energy efficiency ,” International Journal of Thermofluids, 15, 100170, 2022.
- Sefiane, K. and Koşar, A., “Prospects of heat transfer approaches to dissipate high heat fluxes: Opportunities and challenges,” Applied Thermal Engineering, 215, 118990, 2022.
- Sarraf, S.S., Talabazar, F.R., Namli, I., Maleki, M., Aghdam, A.S., Gharib, G., Grishenkov, D., Ghorbani, M., and Koşar, A., “Fundamentals, Biomedical Applications and Future Potential of Micro-scale Cavitation-A Review,” Lab on a Chip, 22(12):2237-2258, 2022.
- Talabazar, F.R., Sheibani, A.A, Jafarpour, M., Grishenkov, D., Koşar, A., and Ghorbani, M., “Chemical effects in “hydrodynamic cavitation on a chip”: The role of cavitating flow patterns,” Chemical Engineering Journal, 445, 136734, 2022.
- Simsek, S., Ahmadi, V.E., Celik, S., Sayar, A., and Koşar, A., “Fabrication and Flow Rate Characterization of a DRIE Process Based Valveless Piezoelectric Micropump,” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering, 32(6), 065004, 2022.
- W. A. S. Aldulaimi, M. B. Okatan, K. Sendur, M. C. Onbasli and I. B. Misirlioglu, “Size driven barrier to chirality reversal in electric control of magnetic vortices in ferromagnetic nanodiscs” in press in Nanoscale, 2022.
- C. Arli, A. R. Atilgan and I. B. Misirlioglu, “Volumetric effects in electrocaloric response of ferroelectric thin films”, under minor revision, Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 2022.
- S. Alkoy, M. B. Okatan, I. B. Misirlioglu and E. Alkoy, “Electrocaloric Ceramics”, to appear in Encyclopedia of Materials, published by Elsevier, 2022.
- Ozlem Coskun , Alihan Kumtepe , Arpad Mihai Rostas , Igor Iatsunskyi , Emerson Coy , Emre Erdem , Mehmet Sankir , Nurdan Demirci Sankir, Photo-supercapacitors based on nanoscaled ZnO, Scientific Reports volume 12, Article number: 11487 (2022).
- Ayşenur Karamustafa, Sözer Sözer , Kürşad Oğuz Oskay , Merve Buldu-Akturk , Emre Erdem , Gökçen Akgül, Improving the Electrochemical Energy Storage Capacity of the Renewable Carbon Derived from Industrial Tea Waste, , Russian Journal of Electrochemistry, 2022, Vol. 58, No. 9, pp. 844–854.
- “Self-assembled albumin nanoparticles for redox responsive release of curcumin” AC Egil, H Kesim, B Ustunkaya, Ö Kutlu, GO Ince, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 76, 103831.
- “Optimization of curcumin loaded niosomes for drug delivery applications” ME Rad, AC Egil, GO Ince, M Yuce, A Zarrabi Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects 654, 129921.
- “Dual stimuli-responsive nanocarriers via a facile batch emulsion method for controlled release of Rose Bengal” AC Egil, A Carmignani, M Battaglini, BS Sengul, E Acar, G Ciofani, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology 74, 103547.
- E. Rahimi, A.B. Koucheh, and K. Sendur, “Temperature assisted reflection control using VO 2 /Si core-shell nanoparticles”. Optical Materials Express, 12(8), 2974-2981 (2022).
- R.M.A. Ayaz, A.B. Koucheh, and K Sendur, “Sensitivity of a tapered fiber refractive index sensor at diameters comparable to wavelength”, Optik, 169417 (2022)